Love Pink line...

all the kids I know and their parents are super busy wrapping up school shopping right now and a few girls are trickling into the neighborhood wearing a few of their new fall tops/hoodies. I am seeing a freakishly huge amount of 7-10 y/o girls wearing (yes, harmless looking!) things from Victoria's Secret. WTF happened to Gymboree & Sears? You literally pass them in the mall on your way to VS. My daughter is 6, entering grade 1. I've no witnessed (yet) any of her exact age friends yet but several just 1 year above. Is this appropriate? Or cool? I think it's sending a weird message

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 12:14 PM on Aug. 20, 2012 in Parenting Debate

• I wouldn't want my preteen wearing anything associated with VS

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:21 PM on Aug. 20, 2012

• I'm betting it's because they like the colors. You know, it's bright and pink-what young girl wouldn't like something like that. You're really concerned because of a hoodie?
    SaraD1989

Answer by SaraD1989 at 12:22 PM on Aug. 20, 2012

• IDK. I see it a lot too but won't buy that stuff for my DD. She is only going to be in second grade, but I am constantly amazed at how many younger girls wear that stuff. I won't buy her anything that has words splashed all over it's ass. Honestly, all you are doing is advertising for them when you wear that stuff. It's just not my style.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2012

• As long as the tops are age appropriate and provide all the proper coverage, who cares where they bought it? If their parents want to overpay for a hoodie just because of the logo on the front, more power to them.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 12:24 PM on Aug. 20, 2012

• No No and No again.
    13 yo will not shop at Victoria's Secret. And I allow her to wear modest Goth inspired clothing
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:28 PM on Aug. 20, 2012

• sears sells panties and bras too
    so I guess if it fits them I wouldnt care
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 12:40 PM on Aug. 20, 2012

• Let's be honest here.... while I LOVE the PINK line, I might wear a hoodie and a pair of sweat pants, but realistically, they are the smallest clothes at the mall, other than Hollister, of course. The clothing line is very attractive to most girls, from tiny ones to large ones, from young to old. I wouldn't specifically go in there to buy my child underwear or bras, but if a sweatshirt would fit, I might buy that. They are so damn cute.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:43 PM on Aug. 20, 2012

• Do they make them small enough to fit little girls? I don't think I would want my kid to have one.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:49 PM on Aug. 20, 2012

• I will not be making those purchases for my daughters. One, they're WAY overpriced for what they are. Two...they don't need to be inside a VS store. Three...they don't need to be associated WITH a VS store.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:51 PM on Aug. 20, 2012

• It makes me sick with half the kids stuff they have out now
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:54 PM on Aug. 20, 2012