Is this really it?!?! Is she going to sleep now?!?! What are your experiences?

For the past three weeks I have longed for that newborn that would actually sleep. I have been feeding her for an hour, she would be awake for an hour, then sleep for an hour and the cycle would start all over again. She slept for five hours straight last night, woke up to feed and play for an hour and is now sleeping again and it has been two hours.

Is this it? Is it going to stay this way? PLEASE SAY YES!!!

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 10:12 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Expect the unexpected. No matter what the situation...expect the unexpected. That way you'll never be surprised.

Doing it one time....um..not a good predictor! lol Now...a week or so...maybe. From now until she's one or two years...YEP!!!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:13 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I noticed that that's what my son did. He slowly started sleeping more and just before 3 months he started sleeping 8 hours. At 4 months and still does at 5 months sleeps 11-12 hours at night. He wakes up at 6, eats, plays, sleeps for a half an hour at eight. Wakes up, plays, eats again, goes to sleep around 10 to maybe 12. He's up for a couple more hours then around 2 sleeps for a half hour and then he's up until 6 when he goes to bed for the night.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• my son was sleeping through the night at 4 weeks with occasionally waking up every so often.. yay :) this may be it
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:17 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• No, sorry it won't. For about a month my daughter was going to bed early and sleeping through the night. I think she was around 3 or 4 months old. But, she has changed her schedule since then and she is no longer sleeping through the night and hasn't in awhile. I've had friends tell me to get used to it b/c for the 1st year of so, they will change their routine a couple of times.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 12:16 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• In my experience... No.
    My son started sleeping from 6-15 weeks and then stated frequent night waking again. He is 6 months and still wakes a few times/night.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:50 PM on Feb. 5, 2009