Homeschooling information for my 5 yr old.

I want to start homeschooling my 5 year old for many differ reasons. Does anyone know how I go about doing this I am very overwhelmed and really need some help, thanks so much.

OHIOSTGRL64

Asked by OHIOSTGRL64 at 10:18 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Check with your state's homeschooling laws ---> http://www.hslda.org/laws/default.asp
    They differ from one another in requirements.

Join a local homeschooling support group. Search Yahoo Groups for, "(enter your city/state here) homeschool support groups" or words to that effect.

Join the group "Happy Homeschoolers" here on cafemom. We have lots of newbies and seasoned vets there. Great "how to get started" info.
    happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 10:55 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• If you're interested, I have a group for secular homeschoolers, and we have a ton of links, and a thread which discusses a range of different approaches from the very structured to unschooling.

PM me if you'd like to join.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 2:23 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• http://www.hslda.org/laws/analysis/Florida.pdf

First, you need to know the laws in your state.  (They vary in each state.)  Second, do what you have to do to legally homeschool, depending on the option you choose to go with.  Third, choose a curriculum or make your own!  Fourth, have fun!

ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:30 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Yup, whatever everyone else said.

My homeschoolers are 10, 6, 5, & 2. They've never attended public school... and we've learned as we went along.

You're welcome to PM me if you have questions or need resources or whatever any time.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 9:59 AM on Feb. 6, 2009