Why is there no boy size 9? I need some help in finding him pants!

Size 8 is too small and too short,, size 10 is way to big, and way to long,, I am sure that when some of you had boys this size you had the same problem,, any ideas on where to find a small size 10? I am at my wits end, because he can only wear shorts to school for about 2 more weeks, then we have to switch to pants,, I have tried Old Navy, pennys, kohls, kmart, wal-mart, and have had no luck,,
He ruins his uniform pants all of the time, so I would like something not super expensive,, thanks!

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 1:48 PM on Aug. 20, 2012 in

• Size 10's hem them and if the slims are too big, you may have to take them in as well. My now 12 yo was the same way - the slims were still big. The regular pants had adjustable waists, but the slims didn't! I would try WalMart for uniform pants, the cheaper brands sometimes tend to run smaller. And remember if you get 100% cotton, they will shrink a little if you wash/dry them in hot.

Answer by missanc at 2:55 PM on Aug. 20, 2012

• You'll have to buy tens and hem them. We had to for our kiddo , they're a mile long but he needs a ten o fit in waist.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 1:50 PM on Aug. 20, 2012

• Size 10 slim, short
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:51 PM on Aug. 20, 2012

• We had to buy them on the Dickies website. We bought slim skinny cut slacks and they are still a bit too big in the waist. You can always buy what fits him the leg and get the altered... it doesn't cost more that a few bucks per pair.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:51 PM on Aug. 20, 2012

• Old Navy has slims too.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:54 PM on Aug. 20, 2012

• My son is the same way...size 8 high waters, size 10 to big in the waist lol
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 2:24 PM on Aug. 20, 2012

• The sizing charts changed a few years ago. Sizes USED to be 8/10, now it's 10/12. I suggest going to a thrift store or two and getting clothes from there. It should be easy to find the 8/10 sizes there.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:34 PM on Aug. 20, 2012

• For jeans, try levis skinny straight cut. As for pants..have you tried the childrens place?
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 5:54 PM on Aug. 20, 2012

• Where can you find slim/short so I can have him try them on,, I have no problem hemming them , but almost everything has been too big in the waist.
    kimigogo

Comment by kimigogo (original poster) at 1:53 PM on Aug. 20, 2012

• I have to buy the next size up in slims. I leave them long because he'll grow. Old Navy is really good about having the adjustable waist too, so that helps.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:53 PM on Aug. 20, 2012