How can I start a web page."For Free"

Hi!! My name is Rose, I'm a mother of 2 and a wife of a double amputee. I have been the soul supporter of our family for 17 years, So I've tried so many differant things to have a plan "B" to fall back on.I have worked for 22 years for the same company and now it looks like things are getting really bad for all companies. My question to anyone is I would like to start a website to sell some items I have aquired but I don't know how to go about doing this. I've tried E-BAY but after selling one item I had to pay $12.00 and I only sold the item fo r$20.00 Help please. Rose

Asked by SILVERROSE01 at 10:22 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• You should try Craigslist. It's free and you can post in your specific area or a close by larger city. I've sold lots of stuff there. Just don't accept checks or Paypal, make them pay you cash in person.

Answer by customcat2000 at 10:35 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I used

This is what my site looks like. Still tweaking it..........

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Also just want to say that unless you paid for too many extras like bold and highlighting on eBay there is NO way an item that sold for $20 would cost $12 in fees. The percentage eBay gets for an item that sells for $20 is $1.75 (with their 8.75% closing value fee for $20) plus .55¢ insertion fee for a total of $2.30 in fees. Of course if you accepted paypal there would have been there small fee as well with a total of no more than $3 in fees! But look into Yahoo groups. Years ago I started a group in my area called BuffaloBuynSell and since then many people have created similiar groups in other major cities or counties. Listing items is always free and you can sell just to locals who can pick up the items and pay cash!

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:03 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• You can get a free website at They have it where you can make a page just for selling things so it makes it easier...good luck!

Answer by businesswife1 at 12:21 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Check out my website:  I have some great ideas there and will show you how easy it is to start a business website!

Answer by pupmom at 1:24 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• Craiglist, Myspace

Answer by genav at 3:27 PM on Feb. 6, 2009