Did your baby scream at around 4-5 months?

My son will lay in his packNplay or on his blanket and just scream continuously. I think he's just trying to listen to his voice, but did anyone else experience this? He's not in any pain or anything. You can get him to smile right after he does it. It's really funny, but just wondering if it's normal. =)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yep, mine did it, but be careful my now 8 month old does it all the time and i get weird looks when we are out in town because he screams when hes happy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• They LOVE the sound of their own voice.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:03 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• my son does this and is only 3 months he does do it to listen to his self his daddy also did this when he was a baby
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 11:27 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Sounds very normal, as they are learning to purposefully make noises. I would think they enjoy the way it feels and the way it sounds. My five month old is a squealer. It's cute, at least for now. But, I haven't been embarassed in a quiet restaurant! lol Be sure to get it on video!
    Playground123

Answer by Playground123 at 11:42 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• shreeking is normal.. He does it all the time(my bf) haha, and the baby does it too!
    Tauria

Answer by Tauria at 2:15 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Mine is doing it now!! He Screams every 5 -10 mins and does it for a hour... lol its normal... my DS is 5 Months so...
    apeclark2008

Answer by apeclark2008 at 2:48 PM on Feb. 5, 2009