Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am married but wants to file as head of household. I also own my own home in another location. The child belongs to me not my husband. Can I file head of household?

Answer Question

Asked by Ilorrainec at 10:36 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in About CafeMom

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • not if you are married

    Answer by ZaTa at 10:38 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

  • No you cannot. You can file married joint or married seperate, but if you file married seperate you can't claim the EIC.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.