Could I be Pregnant?

I am going crazy right now. My husband had a vasectomy a year after our youngest child was born. The same child is about to start kindergarten.. But for the passed week my breast have hurt, I have had a headache almost everyday. My period last month was not normal. It started like normal (heavy), but after a day it was lighter than ever and gone by the third day. The funny thing is my husband is one that keeps joking about me being pregnant. I honestly think it is all stress, I just a promotion at work, which entailed the opening of a new office and my baby is about to start school. It would be wishful thinking on my part ( i did not really want him to have one in the first place) But our children are 22 months apart and It was stressful for us both and when my son was 6 months old I started grad school and my husband was home more than I was. So I went along with. I think the thing that scares me the most is that he and his family would question me if I was.. I just don't know what to do our, think!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Aug. 20, 2012 in Pregnancy

• There is a possibility but a TEST would really be the only way to know.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 6:27 PM on Aug. 20, 2012

• Did he go back for his follow up? I would assume that if his sperm count is undetectable, and you bled heavy (even for 1 day) the answer is no,, a couple of months back I thought the same thing,, google peri-menopause and see if any of the sypmtoms describe you.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 7:30 PM on Aug. 20, 2012

• I want to take one but I am afraid it is too early.. my period is not due for another 10 days.. But than I think back to last month and I wonder it I really had one at all!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:33 PM on Aug. 20, 2012

• Wait or test.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:39 PM on Aug. 20, 2012

• If you bled, chances are it was a period & this is just stress. I'd think if there was an issue with the vasectomy, you'd have gotten pregnant by now. Don't stress about it, just wait those 10 days & test. There is absolutely no way for us to know if you're pregnant.
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 6:41 PM on Aug. 20, 2012

• Your body could be going thru changes when it comes to your cycle. As I've gotten older, mine have gone from every 5 wks to every 4 wks & are slowly getting shorter in duration. The intensity of the cramping & other pain such as severe breast tenderness is another symptom I get about a week before I start. Obviously you have to wait until you can test. If it turns out you are & his family questions you, you don't owe them an explanation. But me being the smart ass I am, I would have a paternity test done & sent to everyone in the family! lol :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:43 PM on Aug. 20, 2012

• that same thing has happened to me for the passed few months and I went to my doctor and they said i was not pregnant that it was just stress causing it. but i would say go in and get a test done if you think there may be tht chance tht you are. Its better to be safe rather than not be ya kno. I hope you the best of luck and you figure things out.
    Demonic_Vampire

Answer by Demonic_Vampire at 6:48 PM on Aug. 20, 2012