Potty training help. please

MY now three year old has been doing really well with lofty training. That was delayed already because I had a new baby and I guess somehow he still wanted to be. Anyway he is still pooping of his self and its really getting old. Man I don't be offended but its like cleaning loop off of a gown man. What can I do?

BUTTERFLY463

Asked by BUTTERFLY463 at 7:28 PM on Aug. 20, 2012 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Does he go around a particular time of day? I gave my son 5 m&ms each time he had a bm in the potty. He was all about getting the m&ms and was trained in like 3 days, we gradually phased out the m&ms.
    When he goes in his diaper/underwear, take it and dump it in the potty to show him that's where it goes. Don't get mad, but reinforce that he needs to go in the potty now that he's a big boy. Does he have a favorite toy? You could also use that and tell him that when he goes in the potty he can play with that toy for 15 minutes or whatever time limit. If he goes in his underwear, he doesn't get to play with it.

Answer by missanc at 8:54 PM on Aug. 20, 2012

• I had a simliar issue with my son and I just had to be really vigilant about getting him on the potty regularly. And when he did ake it to the toilet we made a really big deal out of it, Hubby and I would dance and clap for him and tell him how happy and proud we were of him. He loved it. Now he is always very pleased to show us how well he did. You just gotta be patient, he's still only 3.
    LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 11:24 PM on Aug. 26, 2012