Our cat got out and is missing!!!

She somehow got into the garage and we didn't notice and she escaped. This is going to sound terrible but I didn't realize anything was amiss for 10 hours. Our cats are so finicky and like their space. We have looked all over the neighborhood (it is small and only 2 streets) and we looked in the neighborhood behind us (1 street). We have put food on the front porch (we are now feeding the strays and a opossum), and I put out a towel that all of my cats have slept on recently, so a familiar scent is available. I called the local animal shelter and filed a lost pet report. I called the rescue agency we got her from b/c her microchip is still registered to them.

Is there anything I am missing? We just want our crazy cat back. She was so good and loving with the kids and they have done such a good job of trying to help find her.

coala

Asked by coala at 7:35 PM on Aug. 20, 2012 in Pets

• No she is feisty, healthy, vibrant 4 yo female cat. She is fixed and loves to play.
    coala

Comment by coala (original poster) at 7:39 PM on Aug. 20, 2012

• My cats have done this, but they always come back, unless someone took her in and won't let her go, hoping you find your cat soon...I know how you feel......it has happened to me and they have come back....sometimes after 3 or 4 days...good luck and a big hug!

Answer by older at 7:45 PM on Aug. 20, 2012

• I hope she comes home soon. You've done everything you can.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:02 PM on Aug. 20, 2012

• My neighbor's cat went missing for over 24 hours & they were beside themselves. Happily she came back. They're smart, they know where their home is & where all that food & TLC comes from. Your cat is just enjoying a little adventure right now & will be home again before you know it! **Hugs**

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:03 PM on Aug. 20, 2012

• Call local veterinarian offices and leave a description with them just in case someone drops off a pet that they find,put up signs everywhere.She is most likely close but hiding one of my strictly indoor cats was missing for 3 days(she was 17 at the time) and she was under my neighbors shed I finally heard her meowing in the middle of the night and coaxed her inside. Good Luck.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:38 PM on Aug. 20, 2012

• If you have an animal control department of your police force let them know as well.
    I agree with the others though she will probablly be back in a day or so very self satified and possible bearing presents. Ours did this on occasion and often brought a nice field mouse to let us know he was still on the job lol.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:40 PM on Aug. 20, 2012

• Our cat was missing for a week. She came home all dirty. Only wish she could talk and tell us about her adventure! Hope yours comes home soon .
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 10:54 PM on Aug. 21, 2012