stimulus bill?

I want to know how many mothers out there are for the bill and way they are for it? I'm not for it, but am really honestly curious to see why people ARE for it. Leave all the comments/links/etc. that you want. I don't care if you bash parts of the package, however I don't want to hear bashing saying things like "I will support him nomatter what" or "bush screwed us"... those are not answers.. I want real reasons why you are for this package.

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 10:46 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm an Obama supporter and a Democrat and I do not support this bill. If it was not so laden with stupid stuff that the House Democrats threw in and the tax cuts the Republicans are striving for, and was actually going to work, then I would think it was great. Don't get me wrong, some of the things in this bill are good and some tax cuts are good, but there's too much other junk in there. I look at it as the Democrats finally have the opportunity to push their agendas forward. However, this isn't the bill to do that. Personally, I can't stand Pelosi either. I think with congress having the approval rating they do, when this congress took over in January, Pelosi, Boehner, Reid, McConnell should have been replaced with different leaders.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:13 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I might be for it if there wasn't so much money going to useless, needless things. There are people in this country that are left homeless and hungry. My priorities don't lie with bailing out large corporations. Take care of our people first!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:49 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Honestly being an Obama supporter, I'm not sure. And please no bashing here either. I am well educated & not naive by any means. I'm still trying to figure the whole stimulus thing & how i feel about it. Although i don't agree with it all, of course I'm hoping something good will come out of it. Even if it was Mccain's bill (although it would be totally different), i would STILL hope something good came out of it. But i am a positive thinker, & i have high hopes for our country. I'm waiting to have a visit w/ my SUPER liberal friend about the issue to see what he has to say about it, because i am curious too. It seems the more i read from both left & right sides, the more confused i get.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:57 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I want more food stamps and they are gonna gimme more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I am an Obama supporter. I was against the corporate bailouts and I am not happy about the stimulus bill either. There are a couple of things in it that I like but don't see how they will stimulate our economy or that they even belong in this type of bill. I was originally under the impression it would be mostly public works which we need and would create jobs but there is too much crap going into it.

I really dislike Pelosi. I am pretty liberal and she is too far left for me. I was very excited to have a Dem female Speaker and have disappointed at every turn. I wish Cindy Sheehan had won her seat so Nancy would go home.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 11:31 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I honestly believe that if all the politicians, (dems and gop alike) would put aside their greed and selfish, self-serving ways, this stimulus package could indeed benefit the country. As it stands, it's getting more crap attached to it on the Senate floor! Both sides need to quit the crap!
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 11:33 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Take out all of the pork and I will agree with the bill.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 11:36 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Friday

Answer by Friday at 11:36 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• friday, the most intellegent objective answer from an obama supporter I have ever read!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• tax cuts are good people ...business is there to profit ...do not kill incentive

Like this raise on schip could kill incentive for people who can afford healhtinsurance for their kids but choose to say oh well it's "free" ....in reality its not free obviously and even those who make less and pay for their own insurance will be paying towards those who make more to have "free."
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:43 AM on Feb. 5, 2009