waking up at night

how do you fine the energy to get up at night and sit up and rock your baby back to sleep with out falling asleep yourself? i think i figured out that'll be the way i'll have do if i want my almost 6 month old son to sleep in his crib at night instead of co sleeping. i know it sounds lazy but i've just gotten used to breast feeding him right there in bed.

havingaboy08

Asked by havingaboy08 at 11:04 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I can't rock my baby to sleep without falling asleep during the daytime, so I can't imagine not falling asleep in the middle of the night! Co-sleeping is out for me, b/c I value my own sleep too much. It makes me a MUCH better, more attentive, fun mommy in the morning if I feel rested. But, I know lots of moms do, and each of us has to make the decision that is best for our family. If you are interested in "encouraging" your baby to sleep through the night, check out On Becoming Baby Wise by Ezzo. I used it with both daughters, who slept through the night starting at 8 weeks old. I currently have a 5 month old. She sleeps from 8pm to 6am (or later!) everyday. I recommend it to every sleep-deprived mom! ;-) Good luck!
    Playground123

Answer by Playground123 at 11:38 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• we were a co sleeping family lol. it was easier and more comfortable for us and we loved it. :) you can get an arms reach co sleeper if you don't want the baby in bed with you..
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:17 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• honestly? I just feed mine and he goes back to sleep but he's only 3 months right now. But almost every night he ends up in bed with me and my husband at some point. LOL i'll be feeding him and my husband will wanna cuddle with him so the rest of the night he's in our bed. LOL But How i keep awake if he's awake.... i don't I put him in his bed and let him play with his paci or receiving blanket until he falls asleep lol
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 11:35 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• My 6th month old wakes up 2-4 times a night. Man, it kills me; I'm so tired all the time! Sometimes, I do fall asleep in the chair while feeding her, but luckily I don't stay there too long b/c I get too uncomfortable. But, sometimes, I do play on the internet or watch TV while feeding her to keep me awake.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 12:08 PM on Feb. 5, 2009