Plus size and pregnant

if you are plus size and pregnant when did you feel your stomach getting hard? and what size were you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Aug. 21, 2012 in Pregnancy

• I think it depends how "Plus" you are.
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 9:11 AM on Aug. 21, 2012

• Depending on your size, you'll notice it long before others will.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 9:26 AM on Aug. 21, 2012

• It was a long time ago. I was a 3x at the time. I found a place that carried large size maternity clothes in PA. Hubby and I took a drive so I could get some clothes. I needed it just before the beginning of the 2nd trimester. I think I still have some nursing tops. Send me something and I'll check.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 10:00 AM on Aug. 21, 2012

• I never got hard and I was a 24 never needed maternity clothes either
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 10:37 AM on Aug. 21, 2012

• when i had my first i was smaller an 8. I plumped up right away. I noticed my stomach getting firm by 8 wks. Now i'm 7wks and i can't tell yet. I'm a size 14 (i know not quite plus but much bigger.) I am worried i won't be able to notice my stomach getting firm. I think i may be a litle depressed about it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:44 AM on Aug. 21, 2012

• I ranged up to size 22 when I got pregnant with all of mine (smallest I think was size 10 with my first). Biggest difference was the amount of pudge left on my lower abdomen after each baby. I could feel there was something there when laying on my stomach between 8-10 weeks, but don't really remember feeling it get firm to the touch - but I would start showing between 12-16 weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Aug. 21, 2012

• Im about the same size as you, a 14. With my first I think I started showing a lot and noticed my tummy harder at about 16 weeks, with my second it was around 13 weeks, and now with my third I was showing and had a rock hard tummy by 10 weeks. It will all depend on your body but you will be able to show and feel the baby soon enough. Right now you're still super early so it is no surprise that your belly isn't hard yet =)
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 3:32 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

• Daughter - size 20 -22 when I got pregnant but due to morning sickness I lost 40 lbs in the first 4 months so I didnt need maternity clothes until like 7 months. Some asked me if I was having twins lol because I was huge and I dont mean that I looked fat but my belly was huge and round.

Son - size 16 when I got pregnant and again morning sickness but I only lost like 11 pounds and I needed bigger clothes by 12 weeks because my jeans were getting to tight. And I again I was huge lol.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 1:04 AM on Aug. 22, 2012