Any advice for discharge from cats eye?

My 5 year old cat has a large amount of discharge from his eyes that appears to be bloody. We are planning on taking him to the vet this week, but was curious to know if anyone knew of something that I could do to try and cut it down. It goes away sometimes and then comes back full force, my husband seems to think that it's something that he caught from our new kitten, but the new kitty doesn't have anything like that just normal discharge. Any help would be appreciated.

Lovinmy3kidsoh

Asked by Lovinmy3kidsoh at 11:13 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Pets

• He may have run into something and punctured his eye, its common whether indoor or outdoor. Take him to the vet asap. I had this happen with a kitten that showed up on my door step and we waited a week and he almost had to have his eye removed. Theyll give you antibiotics for the eye and hopefully itll clear it right up. Good luck.

Answer by gemgem at 11:21 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• If it appears bloody I would definitely take him to the vet but you can keep his eye clean until then by wiping the outside with a warm, wet Cotton ball

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Thanks ladies!
    Lovinmy3kidsoh

Answer by Lovinmy3kidsoh at 11:22 AM on Feb. 5, 2009