Baby throwing up liquids...

She is 7mo and has been throwing up since forever. The Dr. had me put rice cereal in her bottle. This helped, but she still threw up a bit. Now, as we have done the solid foods for 4 mo now, I have noticed a pattern. She rarely throws up solids(jar food, baby cereal, finger foods) but it's almost like she's allergic to liquids. Water, juice, fomula/bottle al of these cause a puke fest! I am getting sooo frustrated. My mom suggests it is maybe GERD, the Dr. has just said she will grow out of it. Is it possible for her to be allergic to liquids?!?!

darkwildrose5

Asked by darkwildrose5 at 11:21 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No she is not allergic to liquids. She may be drinking them too fast which may cause her to vomit. Or she could have GERD.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 11:27 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• No...the issue with liquids is that they tend to swallow more air with them so when the bubble comes up, so does some of the liquid. Try a slower flow nipple or a different kind of sippy cup (i.e. if you use a straw, try one with a valve or switch to a traditional sippy cup). My daughter was really bad for this too and then one day when she was a little over 8 mo. it suddenly stopped for no reason.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:35 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• i agree that she could be drinking them too fast... or she could get air bubbles caught and that causes her to throw up. My son throws up his formula like crazy if I give him too much I had to cut back on ounce so he's not throwing it up after he eats
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 11:37 AM on Feb. 5, 2009