I need to a new computer...

Our current computer is a Dell and is almsot 10 years old. Any advice on what type of desk top computer to buy? It's used mainly for internet and games but I occasionally do paperwork from home through a secured network connection. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Shopping

• I'd stick with a Dell. Online they have some great sales and refurbished computers. We got ours for I think $500 for the tower, speakers, mouse and keyboard. It's great for gaming (thats what my kids use it for). Dell is a great brand and they last for years.

http://www.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/desktop-clearance?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=mn
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:28 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Thanks for this question anon...and thanks for the great answer AprilDJC...I needed this info also : )
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 11:32 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Dell's are pretty good computers. What is your budget? You can find a computer for around $500 now-a-days that will be just fine for what you need it for. I would recommend making sure that you get Windows Vista Home PREMIUM, they are all coming with Vista now, but the basic version SUCKS! So make sure it is Premium. Also, the memory is what makes your computer run faster, so make sure there is at least 1 gig. I know a little about computers, so if you have any other questions just send me a message.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 11:38 AM on Feb. 5, 2009