How do i stop feeling like such a horrible person

Okay i i have informed my boyfriend of a lil over a year that i think we need to take a break right now so he can figure out what he really wants. now i have three children which are not his. they just adore him and now i feel like the worst person ever and i am so scared now help me

kristinaalexis

Asked by kristinaalexis at 11:23 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• Maybe he has already figured out what he wants and just don't know how to go about making the full transition without hurting anyone in the process. I m not trying to make you feel any worse than you already do so heres a suggestion...go about your daily life as if it's not over. live the way you want your life to be and it will be.... and if it don't come to pass this way, within a reasonable amount of time, then start preparing yourself for a different future and your children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I agree with every thing 1033anony said except that I think you should live separately until a decision is made. Is that the kind of relationship with 3 kids with out marriage that you want your children to be in? Unless your commonlaw for years your rights in death or divorce of him are less. Make your own strength and allow him into your life instead of allowing him to be the head of your life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I agree with both.. def. anon 11:41 has a good point
    I don't know what to tell you otherwise. If the kids aren't his then you have a hard situation since they adore him but if the relationship isnt working then there's nothing you can do to force it. I think your doing the right thing
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 12:02 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• You need to think of whats best for you. He might be a good father-figure to your children but your kids will be happier if you and him are truely happy then if ya'll stayed together and weren't happy.
    crjmommy04

Answer by crjmommy04 at 12:14 PM on Feb. 5, 2009