Why am I hurting so much!!

Can you pull your tongue? it is a muscle, right?

My freaking tongue hurts sooooo bad I can barely swallow I cant stick it out..its really starting to get on my nerves!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Health

• You might want to see a doctor - I once ended up having a painful yeast infeciton on my tongue after taking oral antibiotics
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Describe your pain a little better. Does it hurt under the tounge or on top? Do the taste bud areas hurt? Do you have white patches on your cheeks?? How are your tonsils?
    I actually "strained" my toungue once, it got a charly horse! I hope you feel better and if we had more of a description, maybe we could offer more suggestions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• its on the top in the back almost like a sore throat but my throat doesnt hurt its my tongue, like when i talk or try to stick it out.. I cant see my tonsils because it hurts to stick out my tongue.. ugh I have no idea what is wrong with it.. But I do know im hungry i've barely eaten for the last two days cause it hurts so bad!

Anonymous

• Is it possible that you burned your tongue? I had very similar symptoms after burning my mouth badly once on some melted cheese (I will NEVER do that again lol). Also, please dont get upset for me bringing this up, but sometimes sores or pain in the mouth can be a sign of an STD. Regardless, if its been a few days since the pain started I think its time to see the doctor. If its a burn, a yeast infection (called "Thrush"), or something else, it will need medical treatment, and the sooner the better. Good luck, I hope you feel better soon!
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 1:39 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• I have something like that too, its on my right side, its like under my toungue and down. Its gross, there are no patches or anything but it almost feels like its been burned by a chemical or soemthing.
    Nerdymama

Answer by Nerdymama at 7:21 PM on Jan. 8, 2010