Are babies that are more active in the womb more likely to be born early?

At my appt. yesterday my doctor mentioned that maybe I'd go at abotu 38 wks...he said I had a wild child on my hands. She is SO active all the time and her HR has stayed between 155-160 the whole time. He didn't explain his comment and I didnt ask, although I should have.

HayleyGM

Asked by HayleyGM at 11:36 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• each child is different movement has nothing to do with when a baby comes they will come only when they are ready
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• LOL I WISH! My son was born at 39 weeks and 4 days only because I had them induce me. He was extremely active inside. He wasn't born early though. His heart beat stayed high also until I got into my last week then it went to 125. But if she is born early.. YEY!! Because I know you want her here!! :)
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 11:39 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I have never heard that but 38wks is still good. both my girls were born then and they were fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I doubt it, had I not been induced my daughter would have stayed in there longer than 38 weeks. she was crazy active!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:45 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• My son was the same way, moved like crazy all the time and his heartbeat was always high, but we had a scheduled C-section at 39 weeks 2 days because he was measuring big and showing no signs of being anywhere near ready to come out. So I doubt that has anything to do with it.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:47 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• my mom said my son was the most active baby she'd ever seen in a belly.. you could physically see him moving all the time LOL and i was induced!!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:52 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Each child is different... My son was extemely active in he womb and he was late :(
    Paty_hotmommy

Answer by Paty_hotmommy at 1:03 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Every baby is different ...my daughter was extremely mellow in the womb and came 10 days early.
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 3:32 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I dont believe the two have anything to do with each other. Unfortunately your baby could be overdue, and it doesnt really matter how much she kicks and turns and does cartwheels. I wish that were the case... all of my babies would have been early.. however.. thats just not the case.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 4:11 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• mine was super active, and went right on time.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 4:13 PM on Feb. 5, 2009