i am about to email my resume to a company and i want to have a short message for them to read in the email......

ANY IDEAS?!?!?!?! please thank you

right now all i have is

Hi. I am very interested in working for your company, please feel free to contact me at anytime. thank you for your time

i know thats not very good. any ideas to make it sound more professional??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• You can go to http://www.vault.com/nr/ht_list.jsp?ht_type=9 and read all kinds of cover letter examples for different jobs. You may not find the exact job you're applying for, but it might help
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 11:41 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Try a cover letter instead
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 2:39 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• How about something such as. I have experience in (whatever you want to do for the company that will benefit the company), and I appreciate your considering my application.

Answer by Bmat at 3:01 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• My advice is to please make sure that whatever note you send uses proper grammar. As someone who has reviewed many resumes and cover letters, the ones that do not use proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling and consistent formatting get either tossed aside or shuffled to the bottom of the list. It is a matter of respect to the person that you are asking to hire you. And, remember that the spellchecker doesn't catch everything (e.g., your vs. you're, their vs. they're). It is really good if you can do some research so you can find out who the person is who is going to be handling the resumes so that you can address your letter to him or her personally. As a previous poster suggested, do some searches on the web to find sample cover letters. In these hard economic times, give yourself every advantage over the competition that you can! Good luck!
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 6:51 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• When you email your resume, what you have is fine. Also include your phone number at the bottom in case your resume does not go thru, then they contact you and let you know they didn't get it. Email should be very short and sweet... They aren't looking at that as a cover letter.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 10:31 AM on Feb. 6, 2009