Potty Training Help!!!!

I just started potty training my 28 month old little boy about 2 1/2 weeks ago and for the first 2 weeks he was doing wonderful! He would tell me when he had to go and run to the bathroom, and was staying dry at night and everything. For the past 3 days or so he has quit telling me when he has to go and pees on himself like 4 times a day. I ask him like ever 20 minutes if he has to go potty just because I want him to use the toilet so bad and he always tells me no, but sometimes if I ask him and he says no not 2 seconds later does he have pee running down his leg. Now I know when he has to go to the bathroom because he did so good for the first 2 weeks but I don't know what to do to try and get him to go again and I constantly talk about the potty with him and if I ask him where do you go potty he points to the bathroom so I know that he knows when and where to go.

PrOuDmOmMy1011

Asked by PrOuDmOmMy1011 at 11:39 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• At that age don't ask, just take him. My 2nd son was 27 months and was done within a month.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• It takes a while to potty train. Most kids will go back and forth for the first few months. I wouldnt ask him, take him to the potty.

Bring the potty to the same room your in. Get a egg timer and set it for 1/2 hour when it goes off tell him to "time to potty".

If he goes, set the timer for an hour. If he doesnt go, set it for 1/2 hour.

Every time he potties set the potty closer to the bathroom.

Make sure that you are paying attention to when he drinks etc. Good luck momma and dont give up. You really have just started and he is still young.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 11:47 AM on Feb. 5, 2009