Do you think people married for a long time, really start to look alike?

Asked by adnilm at 2:09 PM on Aug. 21, 2012 in Just for Fun

• no

Answer by toybar02 at 1:16 AM on Aug. 22, 2012

• haaaaa. NO!

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:32 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

• No.

Answer by beeky at 3:39 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

• Not physically, but I think we adopt our spouses manarisms and gestures, sayings, etc...and that can kind of give the illusion.

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 3:39 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

• Lol no

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 3:01 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

• I've seen several couples that over the years have looked more and more alike. In general no.

Answer by meooma at 2:47 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

• I think it depends on if they are from a similar ethnic background. And how much you look similar to begin with.

I have 2 photos in my house of DH's grandparents. The one on the paternal side is from after they had been married about 15 years, didn't get much past that thanks to the Nazis. But they look alike.
    The other is from his maternal side and they look even more alike. It was their wedding photo! and I think they ended up being married for about 40 years before one of them died.

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:34 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

• Some do but then they probably had similar features to start with. I have seen others that are so totally different.
    I think if you are heavier people also do not take the time to actually look at you or your distinguishing features.

Over all I would say no.

Answer by Dardenella at 2:29 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:12 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

• lol, um not really, unless they like dress alike or something :P my grandparents were together for over 60 years and definitely didn't dress alike or look much alike (my grandpa was over 6ft and my grandma was barely 5ft lol). my parents have been together 30+years and don't look much alike, they have been working together to get in better shape and stay healthy but they don't look alike.

Answer by DreainCO at 2:11 PM on Aug. 21, 2012