Paints to use on a train table?

Hey ladies my daughterrs birthday is in october and i wanted to make her a chuggington train table. I found a used train table on craigslist. But it has glue and gunk on it. So i santed it smooth. But the glue stained spots and in other the sander took off ghe color. So i was thinking of priming it white and then painting the chuggington town ob it. Here is my question. What kind of paint do i use? For the primer; the colors and what do i use to seal it so it dosent scratch off easy?
Any help and advice would be great!!!

KittyTussand

Asked by KittyTussand at 2:31 PM on Aug. 21, 2012 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Is it wooden? I am assuming since you sanded it.I would definitely use the primed just to make sure that it sticks , especially in the area of the glue stains. You could use indoor or outdoor paint. Outdoor might take more wear and tear but it might be a bit more difficult if you are wanting to paint in details. You can also seal it with a urethane but I would get a matt if you do that

Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:37 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

• I would just use a Rustoleum spray paint.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:38 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

• Go to your local craft store and they will have tons of paint for cheap to paint on wood.
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 3:17 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

• I would find a great color for it. Use the high gloss finish. You can just get a quart of paint from home depot. Maybe a kelly green.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 10:39 AM on Sep. 7, 2012