What kind of music service does your church have?

Do they sing the old-time hymns out of a hymnal,or do they do the praise and worship with the words projected on a screen? Either way is great. Our church has no hymnals. We have an amazing praise and worship service every Sunday, with the words to the songs on a screen. I love the old hymns, and so many still bring me alot of comfort and peace, but I also love the praise and worship songs of today.

stvmen88

Asked by stvmen88 at 11:49 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• same as yours.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:51 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• My husband is a worship leader but we go to a new church where we don't do anything....a nice break. I don't like the worship though because we are used to no hymnals but words projected and a contemporary service. Now we are at a church with VERY traditional hymns and a few updated hymns.....not very worshipful to me. I like the contemporary stuff....
    Have you heard about the contemporary updated hymns out of Tennessee? I can't remember the name but they are good....
    stannseniors

Answer by stannseniors at 12:22 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Our church still only uses hymnals but I would love it if we sang more modern songs. Half the time the words are so outdated I don't feel much singing those songs, it's just something we do. But at the same time I don't want to change churches we love it there for many reasons.
    molly1984

Answer by molly1984 at 1:15 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Praise & Worship on the screen... but some of our stuff is original written by our worship pastors.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 1:58 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• we have a contmeporary service and we sing a couple of hymns as well. it is projected on the screen and we have a worship band that plays.
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 2:00 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• More Southern Gospel..Heavenly Highway Hymnal's. Great harmony!
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 2:05 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• We have more mordern worship with a worship group and a few singers and backup singers. We do play hymns every now and then too.
    ministrymom

Answer by ministrymom at 5:54 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• We have an organist who sings traditional hymns and then the congregation will join in.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 9:25 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• We do contemporary praise and worship music at our church.
    Believet

Answer by Believet at 2:31 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• We use hymnals and then they put an insert in the bulletin when we do praise choruses.
    willandbrismom

Answer by willandbrismom at 4:12 PM on Feb. 6, 2009