Which music do you prefer? Traditional hymns, or modern praise and worship music?

I love them both. Could never do without the hymns I grew up learning,and singing,and they are so comforting. But,there are so many wonderful praise and worship songs of today,and such great groups and solo artists.

stvmen88

Asked by stvmen88 at 11:51 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• traditional
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Praise and worship for me. i love them
    Lucky120

Answer by Lucky120 at 11:52 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I like both. I grew up on the traditional hymns, but the church I go to now is a "young" church, and they have some really amazing modern songs complete with guitar and everything. It makes the church service so much more energetic and fun!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:06 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I enjoy both. I really get a lot of enjoyment out of listening to the modern songs on smile.fm but then nothing can compare to an old fashioned choir.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 12:29 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Both in church. But mostly modern outside of church. I listen to it all though...Christian hip hop, praise n worship, rhythm n praise...I love it all if it glorifies Jesus.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:32 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I love them all.
    mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 1:19 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Oh man thats a hard one...I love the tradition hymns but I really like the modern ones as well. but if I was forced to choose...i'd say traditional old hymns
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:27 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Modern praise & worship but with an alternative different unique sound. Like Rick Pino or Jason Upton.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 1:57 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I love and adore Southern Gospel. But, also like Chris Tomlin and other praise and worship. Ministry wise The Booth Brothers are my favorite. It isn't about entertaining but ministry. The just love to sing! So, do I!! I just love music!
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 2:04 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I was brought up in a Lutheran church, with the traditional hymns, which I absolutely LOVE! I still visit that same church when I go home on vacation.

But I am now a member of a non-denominational church which has praise and worship music, and it is wonderful!! The choir is mostly young people, and it just blesses my heart to see them professing their love of Jesus, through song.
    ProudTxGrandma

Answer by ProudTxGrandma at 2:31 PM on Feb. 5, 2009