How do I get my 8 month old to sleep through the night in her own bed?

I need some help my 8 month old will not sleep in her own bed at night the only way she will sleep is if she is in bed with me. Not that I mind cuddling her but I can't seem to sleep right when she's in bed with me so any suggestions?

jnlsteel

Asked by jnlsteel at 11:52 AM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When i had to break my daughter from slepping in the bed with i had to let her lay in her room and cry herself to sleep i know this sounds bad but it only lasted a week and she has been slepping in her own room since. i tried to lay with her in there but all she every wanted to do was play and if she did go to sleep as soon as i got up to leave she would start to cry. If u can handle feeling like such a mean mom for a week this might work.
    crjmommy04

Answer by crjmommy04 at 12:08 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• My six month old has that problem. i was so confused on what to do...go here http://www.askdrsears.com/
    it really helped me alot.
    just go to the sleep section and read its really interesting...hope it helps
    MomCakes

Answer by MomCakes at 1:05 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Our baby was doing that too. I found it easier for him to sleep with me becuse i am breast feeding and i have to work early. He sleep alone now and i got to that point by starting a very specific routine, solid feeding at 8pm, bath at 8:30, bottle at 8:45, and then bedtime at 9. I put him in his bed at 9, full and clean and sleepy, he would cry but eventually fall asleep. For the first week he woke up often, but now he doen't often and when he does we let him cry. Sometimes he still crys when we put him down, but as long as he sleepy it doesn't last more than 5 minutes. I also do not let him nap for more that 45 minutes after 6 and only if he desperately needs a nap so he will sleep easier when it is time to do so....
    Tauria

Answer by Tauria at 1:54 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I had the same problem, I laid her down and let her cry for about 15min then I went in clamed her down and then I laid her back down. I went back in after about 10min afterwards she fell asleep. The next night when she stared to cry I didnt even go in there and she cried for about 10min and went back to sleep. Now she sleeps through the night.
    Arob0524

Answer by Arob0524 at 9:11 PM on Feb. 5, 2009