My baby is 11 months and i'm 32 weeks and i'm trying to figure out how and when to do his birthday and my baby shower?

ok on sept 22 my baby turns 1 and i'll be 36 weeks (with my 3rd) i'm trying to figure out when is the best time to do my baby shower since my weekend are kinda cramped ok from now to 2 weeks from now my husband will be working non stop from 7am to 7pm monday thru sunday trying to finish our new house before the new baby gets here then i have my neices birthday the 8th of sept and moving in the new house the on the 9th and 15-16 of sept and then my sons 1st bday the 22nd and i'm due for c-section on the 6th of october...... any ideas????????????????????

nickjaykob

Asked by nickjaykob at 7:23 PM on Aug. 21, 2012 in General Parenting

• You could do the baby shower after you have the baby and are in your new house.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:27 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

• Seriously, with all of that going on I wouldn't make a baby shower much of a priority. Since you already have kids, you probably have most of what you need, and you are obviously overbooked, so I would just concentrate on what I need to do to... move to house, celebrate birthdays, and get rested as much as possible for the new little one.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 7:35 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

• IMO you shouldn't have a baby shower for yourself,, esp on the 3rd one,, have his birthday party around his b-day.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 7:37 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

• Honestly? I didn't have a shower with my second. I didn't expect to have one either, since mine were close together. I would focus on getting everything ready for the baby, and the house being done.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 7:40 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

• well i WOULD have all the thing i would have needed but after i had my baby i was giving all his stuff away because i wasn't planning on having them back to back but of course all the people i gave stuff too has already passed it on to other people and there no hope on getting any of it back.... :( i know after all i know what causes baby and i'm getting fixed now..... everyone i ask me DO U KNOW WHAT CAUSES BABYS??? AND I SAY YES AND ITS FUN..... LOL..... hope u laugh
    nickjaykob

Comment by nickjaykob (original poster) at 7:43 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

• That is why second hand stores are your friends. I wasn't expected another baby either, and I didn't have everything I needed because my daughter was still in her crib, and I was pregnant with a boy so most of the stuff I had wouldn't work for him. I did a lot of garage sale hunting and second hand store shopping. We got everything we needed for a second baby fairly cheaply.

PS. I wasn't thinking that you didn't know what causes a baby. I got pregnant with my son using Mirena and condoms, so when people ask me if I know what birth control is, it rather annoys me. Yes my children are very close together, yes I was trying to prevent it, but it is what it is and I don't need people judging me because of the fact that God really wanted my son in this world.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 7:48 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

• no i understand i just think its funny people act like we don't know how we get pregnant after having kids and we walk around with OUR kids so when people ask me seriously question like that i just laugh at them for asking stupid questions and make a joke of them not me.... and i love thrift stores (second hand stores) and craigslist too...

p.s. is ur husband in the air force?? i'm just asking cuz ur user name looks like its trying to say AirForce4life??
    nickjaykob

Comment by nickjaykob (original poster) at 7:55 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

• I would say, forget about the shower, even if you gave stuff away. People will buy you presents after the baby. Just look for things on sale. I only had one shower.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:22 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

• I would say do the party for your LO. I would not throw myself a baby shower... however if someone has offered I would suggest maybe just suggest they do a welcome baby party instead.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:43 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

• Yes my husband is in the air force, so am I actually, I am in the Air guard, trying to go active duty.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 9:03 PM on Aug. 21, 2012