Did You Breast Feed Your Babies?

I tried the first only lasted one month, the second was told they were not gaining weight so had to use formula.

mto3821

Asked by mto3821 at 8:41 PM on Aug. 21, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I breastfed for 19 months. DD wouldnt take bottles so i got lucky i guess. I just didnt expect it to last for so long lol. she just wouldnt give it up. I have no idea how things are gonna go the the one on the way. I guess see what happens
    Shortma197

Answer by Shortma197 at 8:45 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

• yes- I breast fed my first and allowed the nurses at the crappy ped to scare me into giving him formula because he was not growing on the right curve. I was under-educated myself and did not realized that breast fed baby grow differently than formula fed babies and he was just fine. He ped office was very anti-breast. With my second (I got a new ped) I breast fed her for 11 almost 12 months though I had to supplement with formula after the first 8 due to my job and she at 10 months being diagnoses with FTT.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:46 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

• I tried with each of mine, but didn't make it too long...then pumped for a while so they'd get a few more weeks of "the good stuff". I just couldn't take the pain...and it DIDN't go away at three weeks like everyone kept saying. I was 8 weeks in with my youngest, and it wasn't easing...I had to stop. I hate that I wasn't tougher for my kids, but I tried.
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 8:48 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

• I tried, my daughter weened herself at 3 months. With my son I tried for a month but all I got was him screaming like I was murdering him every time, I gave up and found out he is lactose intolerant. He is on soy formula now.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 8:55 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

• Nope.... I just couldn't see myself doing that. I know a lot of people frown upon non-boobie feeders, but I just think its weird. JMO
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 8:59 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

• they were both on the boob at the hospital but wouldnt latch at home. after much screaming and my mental break down i pumped for my oldest & bottle fed till i went dry (about a month). i had the same problems w/ DS so i did about a month of pumped BM w/ him too. whenever they would finally latch (about 30 mins) id get horrible pains all over my body like i was dying...it just wasnt worth it for any of us.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:03 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

• My doctor offered to give me pills to dry up my milk, I said no. What bugs me it did a number on my chest.
    mto3821

Comment by mto3821 (original poster) at 9:09 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

• Yes I did. My first two for a year each and then 15 months for the youngest. Breastfeeding was super easy for me the first time, the second time was horrible for the first three months, but I knew it would get easier, so I stuck it out. If I had the second experience the first time, I am not sure I would have been a breastfeeder.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:13 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

• Yes. I nursed my first for a year, my second for about 18 months, and then my third JUST weaned this week at 14 months.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:21 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

• I did both of mine about 1 year each. I plan to nurse my baby girl due 9-29 as well.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:23 PM on Aug. 21, 2012