Is there anyone like me...

Who hates reading??? I know how to read and spell but I just CANNOT get into it. All my life I would try to start a book but I never would stay with it. When I start a story and finish the first paragraph I forget what I read once I hit the next one. I feel like I am a stupid retard compared to my fiancé. He reads all the time and I feel like I don't know anything compared to him.

I know people will probably tell me to find something that interests me, but the simple fact is I am not even sure what I like....lol gosh I am such a sad person. :0/

goofygalno1

Asked by goofygalno1 at 9:10 PM on Aug. 21, 2012 in Just for Fun

• My dh is like that,mi love to read
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 9:11 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

• I just feel like my lack of reading is rubbing off on my son. I have bought him books because he said he wanted them and they sit on his shelf. Lol
    goofygalno1

Comment by goofygalno1 (original poster) at 9:14 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

• I would venture to say that your comprehension is low. The more you read the more you enjoy it especially if you are comprehending what you read.

BTW my sister suffers from this and has had a hard time b/c of it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:15 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

• I think some people just don't have as much interest in it, but whats sad is that many times its because they weren't given the opportunity to develop it at a young age. But that is not ALWAYS the case, my younger SIL hates to read, its just not her thing, but she had plenty of books growing up and my DH and MIL and even the older SIL have always loved to read. My middle daughter is not as into books as my other two, she'll sit and listen to a story or two but she doesn't have the drive to just sit and read by herself either so I understand where you're coming from. Personally I could read non-stop every day if I had the opportunity and the right reading materials, heck I just re-read The Hunger Games in two days/nights because I couldn't stop... now i'm seriously sleep deprived from it but oh they were so good :D
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 9:30 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

• Maybe you just don't have the time. I would LOVE to read but I have NO TIME to concentrate.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:36 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

• I'm not that big on reading-but I will-if I find something I like

usually-I'd rather just watch the movie instead though ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:43 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

• I  understand I can read over something that does interest me but some of it I just can't remember. I've been known to pick up a good book and a month later I still haven't finished it . So your not alone ..lol

waitin4u

Answer by waitin4u at 9:45 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

• ILovemyPaulie... I think you may be right lol.
    goofygalno1

Comment by goofygalno1 (original poster) at 10:08 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

• Waitin4u, that sounds just like me. haha I bought a book a while back thinkInv I would like it since it was a.true crime book, but I still haven't finished it! lol I will say i did get a book from my niece for Xmas one yr and read the whole thing!! Yay me :0) it is called redeeming love and it was one of the only books I have really stayed interested in hahaha
    goofygalno1

Comment by goofygalno1 (original poster) at 10:13 PM on Aug. 21, 2012

• *thinking
    goofygalno1