If you do or don't

If you do or don't believe in a higher power where do you get strength from to see you through the most toughest of times in your life - your own life's previous experiences or those of your loved ones? a combination? do you 'just know' the outcome will be good because you instinctively know your own strength and have been in your toughest place yet? I do not have cancer. I do believe in God. When I was pregnant for some time it was thought that I had breast cancer. I never waived from my strong strong belief deep in me that I did not have cancer. I just knew that from where I'd been before in my life that God would not take that baby from me. The testing and waiting was hell. I did it to prove I did not have breast cancer. What has been your life's most toughest time how did you come through it if you have already?

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• I question my beliefs. On one hand I don't believe, but on the other I'm too afraid not to believe. I don't believe there is anything God "wouldn't" do. I've seen such horrible things happen that I've learned to realize that not only is anything possible, but that nothing ever happens for a reason. Things just are, life just is. I've used prayer to get me through hard times before but I rarely use the "faith" that things will be okay. I know nothing of the future. I can only hope.