Train or Bus? *Traveling with kids*

I am planning to take my kids to Reno for x-mas this year but not sure which would be better. we have never been anywhere near snow, and will be leaving from San Francisco/Emeryville CA. All helpful tips are appreciated thanks. Please help me ladies :-)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on Aug. 22, 2012 in Travel

• Trains are faster and usually nicer. With more room. I took a bus frommcleveland tomphoenix once, never again.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 6:36 AM on Aug. 22, 2012

• Which is faster?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:52 AM on Aug. 22, 2012

• If I had to choose between the two it would be a train but planes are so much better.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:16 AM on Aug. 22, 2012

• Depends on how much time and money you have. Train is more expencive I think it would take less time. But bus is cheaper and takes forever.

Answer by louise2 at 7:24 AM on Aug. 22, 2012

• Traveling by bus with children is always a BAD idea; However, train rides are exciting and adventurous and could be very educational. Kids love speed and trains allow you to at least move around the cabins. TRAIN DEFINATELY.....
    georgiagirl69

Answer by georgiagirl69 at 7:47 AM on Aug. 22, 2012

• Trains.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:07 AM on Aug. 22, 2012

• Trains are faster and they can walk around. A bus you have to stay seated the whole time, unless you are walking to the bathroom. The train will also have a cleaner smell than buses. Make sure you bring lots of things to keep them occupies. Some trains have outlets to plug in portable DVD players or laptops. You have to check to see if they have wi-fi on trains. Then you can watch movies or just bring DVD's.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 10:39 AM on Aug. 22, 2012

• The train cost more and the bus is faster because it only stops twice. Train 6.5 hrs bus 5hrs.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:58 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• I do care about their happiness and comfort. I can't fly I'm afraid.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:00 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• Take the bus
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 2:07 PM on Aug. 23, 2012