I need opinions on an after school program, idea

I am currently working fulltime, going to school part time and have to create a project idea. I would love opinions of this website idea. It is NOT a real PROGRAM YET, but I need the following questions answered:

1) How would you feel about being able to monitor what your kids are doing at home, after school with a laptop/webcam?

2) Would you allow this program is you were guaranteed they could not access the internet, other than their own classmates?

Thank you for your input on this.

The "website" is : http://myfaceme.web.officelive.com/default.aspx

AGAIN THIS IS NOT A REAL WEBSITE..........it is for my BUS 131 M1 Class at SMCC

Thank you.

DebLothrop

Asked by DebLothrop at 12:01 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Con..
    If it's a way for children to IM/Webcam their friends without internet connection that would be ok, as long as there is a way for parents to keep track of all the messages, and I think parents should be able to pre-approve who can and can't send messages. If an unwanted person tries to message your kid, it won’t go through.
    MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 4:43 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I think you need to explain better, because I don't know if you are talking about a Parent being able to watch their kids class at school via web cam, or if you are talking about Kids using web cams to communicate with other classmates ( Like IM but with out internet.) If it's parents watching kids at school, I don't really like the idea. Even if it's ONLY parents having access, you don't know who all those other parents are. Granted their kids would be in the same class, but it doesn't mean you would know them or trust them not to share the site info and passwords with other people to view a classroom full of kids on a webcam.
    MomOfJandM