Why can't I get close to anybody?

DD was born 6 months ago, But I've been single for almost a year. I'm over the break-up completely, I've had 3 relationships since and a couple of flings. I know I can get close to someone, It's not hard for me to do. But Something is always just blocking me from it. I'm not scared, I just don't do it. Something stops me, even when nothing is wrong with these guys, it really is just me. Anybody else have this problem? What can I do? It's not that I need a man in my life, I don't, It'd just be nice to have one, and actually be able to take it farther, to the point where I could possibly fall in love.

b_pacheco

Asked by b_pacheco at 12:01 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• I used to say I COULD get close to someone no problem, but when it came down to it I never did. I realize now that having been hurt so many times before I was scared to be close to someone. I've been on my own for so long that having another person in my life is scary. I like things just so and I'm not willing to settle for something I don't really want.. like being a housewife or giving up my dreams to live a life with someone else. I drove a lot of people away for no reason at all, and it was always that.. fear that they weren't going to be right, that the little things that drove me crazy weren't going to be things I could accept. IDK if that's your problem too, but it happens to a lot of independent women from what my psych. says.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 12:15 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• When you're not looking for it is when it finds you.
    Anonymous

• Stop looking and focus on you and your baby and your life with baby. You're opening up yourself for horrible messes being insecure in yourself with such a young child.
    Anonymous

• I agree. When you least expect it love will show up. The others were not Mr Right.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:13 PM on Feb. 5, 2009