Medicaid.

I'm moving to Florida at the end of this month because I was laid off and I will have to change my insurance over to medicaid. Is anyone else on medicaid? Are you happy with it? Any complaints? Was it hard to get accepted?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My family has been on medicaid for the last 3 years, my DH and I are both students and we also have another abby on the way. Its been a real blessing. Yes its a pain to get it going and if you call because you have a Q you will be on hold for some time...but other than that, we like it, its simple and there are only small co-pays we have to pay for us adults, but my DD and next one to be we dont have to. Its great for dental and whatnot as well. Prescriptions are paid for and its simple at the drug store. Renewing it is a pain, but worth it if you really need it.
    I wouldnt say its hard to get, but its tedious to get all your ducks in a row fort hem to accept you and your family. Its alot of information they need. So good luck!
    Anonymous

• I hated it. The lines for the office that I had to go to where awful. I would be scheduled for 1pm and wouldn't be seen until 3 or 4. The doctors are real impersonal and that made me feel like I was cattle being herded.

Their follow up after I had my baby was horrible too. I was only on it the last 6 weeks of my pregnancy-I was going to a different doctor. And while I didn't care for her-the treatment was way more personal than with medicaid.
    Anonymous

• i love the doc i have for my kids and myself but i hated when it was time to go renew it that office is like hell!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 12:33 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I live in Florida. I am on Medicaid for Pregnant Women. Uhm..Yeah, Medicaid is a pain in the ass and I find it to be really confusing. BUT, I do like my OBGYN =] lol, good luck!
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 2:27 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• In the town we live in, there is no office. You go online to accessflorida.com/myflorida and apply, then you wait for a phone interview, they tell you what they need and you fax it to them. You can check your status and see if you are approved online. No lines, no hassels, open 24/7, you can even see if you are eligible. We have had medicaid for a while and I don't know what I would do without it. My son has asthma and allergies, is ADHD and sees a therapist and Psychiatrist, it's all covered, no co-pay and his doctors are great!
    Anonymous