Please list some chores....

a teenager should be doing on a regluar basis and why/ why not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• IMO all chores a teen/child does around the house is to learn how to do things they will need as an adult. clean their room, wash their cloths, clean the kitchen, that includes washing the dishes ,cleaning the counters and sweeping and moping the floor. cleaning the bath room/s, dusting and vacuming the living room/s, doing out door chores.

Answer by louise2 at 12:17 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Dishes-because they can!
    Laundry-at least folding and putting away
    Trash-definitely easy
    Taking care of animals
    Anonymous

• I give mine one chore a week. I have 5 kids though so there is only so many I can pass around LOL.
    Dishes
    Fold Laundry
    Take out trash
    Clean cat box/take dogs out
    keep rooms a little clean- no trash on the floor, no clothes on the floor etc)
    vaccum
    sweep
    Their main job is school though. That comes first. If they get decent grades and do the chores I ask them to without complaining they are compensated $20 a week.

Answer by gemgem at 12:12 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• All chores are teaching a child good work ethics, dependability, and preparation. We raise our children to become asset members of society, not lazy expected hands out. With that said, chores for teens are anything they need to prepare them for adulthood........dishes, laundry, cooking, cleaning, lawn care, car care (my Dad taught me when I first started driving basic upkeep on a vehicle.....checking oil and fluids, tire pressure, etc.).
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 12:24 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• For instance, one day a week they have to get a recipe, do a shopping list, go shopping and fix dinner. They have to budget and learn to shop whats for sale, utilizing coupons, and such.
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 12:31 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• My children do all the household chores. All the pickup and dishes and laundry. I do the deep cleaning, the bills, manage thier schooling. Your child by the age of ten should be able to run the house.
    Anonymous

• OH..and my kids are 9, 11, 14.
    Anonymous

• Mine are 4, 10, and 11. All of them do chores. My 4 year old helps clean her room, puts away her laundry. My 10 and 11 year olds are responsible for cleaning their rooms, helping with laundry, clearing the table after dinner, and picking up their stuff in the living room.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:41 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Hm, well I had to do the dishes, my laundry, keep my room cleaned. OH and my bathroom. And every now and then I had to sweep and mom and vacuum. AND take care of my dog. AND take the trash out. It really sucked, because after my older siblings moved out I was the only kid left, so it was like I had to do everything -.-'
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 2:32 PM on Feb. 5, 2009