Would you ever go back?

Long story but here's the short version: Right before I got preg. I had plans to move out to FL with the guy I'd been dating for about 1 1/2 years. We split when he moved, and I planned to go with him but couldn't at the time. I ended up preg. by someone else and decided to give it a try to be a family since there was a baby.. well the relationship has fizzled and we're splitting up. I can't help but feel I should follow my original plan and go to FL.. and he still wants me to. Should I go? I still really love him and I hate what I did to him by having a baby w some1 else.

kristal2146

Asked by kristal2146 at 12:11 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• As long as the baby's father is okay with you leaving and has come to terms with you not being with him then go. You have to follow your heart. Yes put your child first, but you also need to do what is best for you as well. As long as the guy you are moving for is serious about you and the baby. You deserve happiness ; )
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 3:07 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• What about your babys father? Where is he? Is he apart of your childs life?
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 12:13 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• he is and I know if I left he would make every effort to follow me and continue to be a part of her life.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 12:21 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Well then leaving the state can be a problem. He can take you to court.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 12:25 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I wouldn't do it without telling him first.. I'm not a bitch to him.. I care about him we just can't make it work together.. and I don't want to be with him and he knows that.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 12:26 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• That is nice to hear. Keep the communication open with him because he can take you to court because you want to leave the state with the child.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 12:29 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• anyone
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 12:34 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I would probably give it a shot if he is open to it. Talked to your childs father first though.
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 12:54 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I moved to another country with my son, leaving his father behind. We'd split up several years earlier. I'd give anything for my ex to be interested enough in his child (he demanded I give up all rights to child support and pay all the flights back and forth for visits even though he's only seen him once in two years) so please try to keep your child's father in his/her life. It'll be so important once they begin top grow. Follow your heart but don't forget there's a little kid who needs both of you. Try to remain friends, be forgiving, compromise and everything else will fall into place.
    mcminimee

Answer by mcminimee at 1:24 PM on Feb. 5, 2009