How much time during the day do you spend playing with your toodler?

My daughter always wants me to play with her. I find myself playing with her all day and not getting much else done. Is this normal or should I be making her play on her own more?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It can be normal. I have one home with me at the moment and she needs most of my attn. She does play on her own though too. I am in college and she knows most of the time I am on the computer I am doing homework, paying bills or need mommy time. But ecspecially when her dad works days and not nights I am the one playing one on one with her atleast 4 hours a day.

Answer by gemgem at 12:15 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I was always playing with my DD before we had DS, now he needs most of my attention. I still spend much of my day playing with her though. If you need to get something done she will be fine on her own for a bit!!

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 12:35 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I guess that is part of the problem she has a fit when I leave the room or try to get something done. She is hanging on me and always wants me to play with her.
    Anonymous

• My daughter seems to be really independent, and if she wants me to play with her she lets me know, and usually I stop what I'm doing and we go play =] I think she gets that from her daddy, that's how he is. lol.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 2:24 PM on Feb. 5, 2009