Just curious.

When Ronald Reagan was president, my father's union went on strike and it lasted so long, they were handing out government cheese and rice at the union hall. Was that Reagan's fault?

When Clinton was president, the union and his employer got into it again, and his employer locked out ALL employees, whether they were union or not, for 6 months. My parents had to scrape to make ends meet, because nobody would hire anyone employed by that company, since they knew they'd go back as soon as they were allowed. Was that Clinton's fault?

When GW was president, my husband was hurt at work, and the work comp people dragged their feet so long it made the injury worse, resulting in multiple surgeries and the loss of his job. Was that GW's fault?

Is it perhaps that the real difference between a fiscal conservative and a fiscal liberal is not what party you vote for, but who you blame when things go wrong in life?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 8:18 AM on Aug. 22, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• OH please
    mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 8:36 AM on Aug. 22, 2012

• OH please

Please what, explain the reference you clearly didn't get or fix your ability to detect sarcasm?
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 8:39 AM on Aug. 22, 2012

• Please what, explain the reference you clearly didn't get or fix your ability to detect sarcasm?

I just read the question before yours, and see now why you posted this, but your last sentence in your post still makes me say Oh Please.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 8:43 AM on Aug. 22, 2012

• i think so, NP.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:14 AM on Aug. 22, 2012

• its silly to imply that ones political leanings have anything to do with their ability (or inability) to deal with adversity.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:19 AM on Aug. 22, 2012

Except we had a perfect example of it about an hour ago...right up until she deleted it when nobody agreed it was Obama's fault she's broke.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 10:21 AM on Aug. 22, 2012

• It could be. I think a portion can be blamed on policy making though, however I wouldn't place all of the blame at the current leader's feet, but as usual if they get the notoriety, they also get the brunt of the blame . It comes with the territory. Are they personally responsible for the decisions the another person makes? Not really, but policy does set people on a path to cover their ass and do what they need to do to stay afloat. Or maybe I am missing your point. To my credit I did not see the post that got you curious.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:31 AM on Aug. 22, 2012

• "Except we had a perfect example of it about an hour ago"

yes...one person's stupidity means that every one who has her political ideology is exactly like her.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:43 AM on Aug. 22, 2012

• No I don't think so.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:07 AM on Aug. 22, 2012

• yes...one person's stupidity means that every one who has her political ideology is exactly like her.

It's as logical as believing that someone who leans more towards one side than the other agrees with everything that side says or does.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 11:31 AM on Aug. 22, 2012