What can this pain be from?

I am getting a very slight pain lately after i eat. The pain is in the pit of my stomach area. I thought maybe it was hunger pains, and i ate more, but it only made it worse. I only get the pain after i eat, and it sometimes lasts several hours. Yesterday it lasted all day! This morning i had a Dunkin Donuts coffee and a bagel, and 1/2 hour later, i got the pain.

WifeyandMom71

Asked by WifeyandMom71 at 12:18 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Health

• Pain that occurs after a meal, particularly one high in fat, can often be a result of gallstones. The pain from the gallbladder is usually located in the upper right quadrant (under your right breast/ribcage). If you are getting pain on the left side, localized near to your stomach it might be a sign of an ulcer. It is important to see a doctor because either condition (or whatever it might be) could potentially need medical treatment. Good luck, I hope you find an answer soon!
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 1:36 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• you need to see a Dr. It may just be reflux or indegestion but it could also be an ulcer. My advice..see a Dr don't try to treat yourself. Especially if this is happening all the time.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:21 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• It could also be a gallstone(s).
    Anonymous

• Thank you ladies!
    WifeyandMom71

Answer by WifeyandMom71 at 11:13 AM on Feb. 6, 2009