Scriptures in The Personal Care Department... Is this just wrong, or what?!?

Now, I own my own business, but we are not in competition with this one... But I wanted to see if the rest of you see a problem here. To me it seems as if they are useing the BIBLE to sell their product... There are scriptures on the bottles... But they don't really tell you much about the product itself.

This is the worst gimmick I have ever seen! And I'm rather upset!

Here's the webpage... http://scriptures.cc/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• MPO is that it is offensive to sell anything that relates to God.

God is not for sale - even if they are just using His Name or His Word.

snowgirl79

Answer by snowgirl79 at 5:19 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• they are just like any other "Christian Business" using the fact that they are a Christian business to promote their product.

The company is named Scriptures... makes total sense to me to put a scripture on the bottles. If the company was called "Rose" you'd expect to see a rose on the bottles right? so what are you upset about?
    Anonymous

• They aren't the only ones. Uncle Ray's used to have verses on all their bags of chips. My former employer marketed themselves as a Christian company, and they were part of a whole association of businesses that do the same. They all use it as a selling point.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:29 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I don't see anything wrong with it.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:30 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I don't see anything wrong with it. If you don't like the product or the idea, then don't purchase it.

Herbal Essences has a Q & A on their bottles. To get the answer you have to have the other bottle. Who cares?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:32 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• forever 21 has on the bottom of the bags a scripture of john. that he so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son. i think that is the verse. although it just says the john and verse.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:46 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• LMAO!

John the Baptist body wash and Jesus of Nazareth hand and foot cream. 

Anonymous

• If they can sell it, more power to them...whatever! Hey, anybody interested in a Goddess-blessed bottle of moonwater? LMBO!
    Anonymous

• There's also the fine products of HE'BREW, featuring Genesis Ale and Messiah Bold

(yes, those are real, they're 2 of the 2 gazillion brands offered at one of those trendy we serve every beer on the planet restaurants near here)

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:02 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• It is a home-based Christian business, and I don't see anything wrong with it. Why are you upset about it? You're buying a PRODUCT, and the Bible Verse is free...LOL. Don't buy it if you don't agree with it.
    ProudTxGrandma

Answer by ProudTxGrandma at 2:12 PM on Feb. 5, 2009