Any ideas on how to get vouchers for private schools?

My daughter's doctor said we should consider a Montessori School because she is so bright - however since both my husband and I are in the social service field we just cant afford it. Who do I contact about vouchers?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• you would need to apply to the school for a scholarship. most schools like that offer scholarships to underprivileged kids.
    Anonymous

• my daughter is not underprivileged - she is a healthy, brilliant 3yo who reads - and she is being taught that there are more important things in life than money as her parents have devoted our lives to helping mentally ill children. how many people can afford $3,500 a month for preschool that is only 3hrs a day?

Anonymous

• You cannot get school vouchers for preschool to my knowledge. Grade school is another story. They are usually ran through the state board of education. Most times you have to live in a school system that is not in a good status in order to obtain a voucher...as in a family living in a sub standard system wanting a better education than what that school system can provide. I live in Ohio and my girls go to private high school on the Ohio EdChoice program ran by the Ohio Department of Education. We live in Toledo and our public school system is in crisis so we opted for something else. I think you should start with your board of education and go from there. I hope this helps.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:53 PM on Feb. 5, 2009