My husband and I have lost that spark, that connection that we used to have pre baby.....I'm so tired and busy with our daughter and working 40 hours a week that I don't have the energy for him. Any suggestions for reconnecting? Thanks so much. I'm really worried about my marriage!

I've been married for almost 11 years. Both my husband and I work full time and he also has a 2nd job to pay for daycare. We don't see eachother much and when we do we have nothing to talk about...just work or our daughter. Things aren't going so well at all. Neither one of us has family close by or friends, that means no babysitter. It's hard.

drpepper73

Asked by drpepper73 at 12:33 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• FIND a babysitter. You Can find someone to watch your child for even 2 hours so you can go to dinner or a movie. Also, sit him down and tell him you recognize the missing spark and want it back you just can't seem to find the time to spend one on one with him yet. he will understand and maybe you can find a sitter and get some alone time. Ask around work if there is anyone wanting to make a little extra money for you to take a date.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 12:39 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• On the days you do see each other, don't make anything else a priority. That means no housework, no appointments, just daughter and him. Schedule in your sex and no matter how tired either of you are, keep that promise. You'll get into it and forget about how sleepy you are..until its over and you'll sleep even better.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:39 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Oh and I appluad you for recognizing the need to change. Too many of us just let it go on forever.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:40 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• That's awesome that you want to find it again. So many posts here say I want a divorce and they don't really want the help. There is a really awesome book you should get, actually a couple. I'm going to send you a message.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:09 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I agree,get a babysitter and go out to dinner or something. Make it a necessity to do that at least once a month,or once a week if you can.
    LND

Answer by LND at 1:17 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• After kiddo goes to bed...take the time to connect...No tv, no phones, just sit together (preferably making some kind of physical contact) and talk. If you are struggling with conversation starters, just open up about this issue to start off. Then just talk about anything and everything...After the communication starts back up, it'll be easier to reconnect on a hubby/wife level too.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 4:06 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• sounds like you all need a good long date or even a mini vacation away for the weekend!
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 5:44 PM on Feb. 6, 2009