DO you REALLY believe your party of choice is perfect and the opposition awful?

I see so many jabs at Dems and Reps alike but it makes me wonder.
I am a lifelong Dem/Lib and support, for the most part, my party's platform and ideals. I also think the members of my party are human and make mistakes and can be corrupted.
So many here seem to think their party is above reproach while the other side is nothing but criminal. I have seen comments like "Republicans care about the country, that is their agenda" while in the same comment attacking the Dem agenda.

Isn't it possible that most have our countries best interest at heart just have differing ideas of what is best?

What say you?

Friday

Asked by Friday at 12:34 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Um, we elected Bush twice, so NOT perfect :p
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:37 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Honestly, I think the Libertarian Party is the one that truly wants what's best for this country. I'm not saying that Dems or Reps don't...I just think the major parties have gone astray.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:37 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Nobody is perfect. But I believe mostly in the ideologies of Conservatism and will defend and work to preserve Conservative Principles.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:42 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Certainly not. There is much about both parties that I dislike and some of each that I like. Both are full of people who use their positions of power to get ahead.
    I think the problem you are seeing is that so many Dems blamed everything on the Reps for so long and crowed so loudly whenever a Rep in office got in trouble. "Turn about is fair play" seems to be what's going on.

I think if more us realized that we can agree to disagree, that there is no right and wrong, we'd get further. But as long as politicians are politicians and continue to use "the big lie" as a way to get approval, then people will continue to belive them. Afterall, if it's a lie, wouldn't it be easy to disprove? Of course it would -if anyone bothered or believed the sources that point it out.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:42 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• just think the major parties have gone astray.

I agree...  imo~There are fewer and fewer Conservative Republican Lawmakers. 

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:49 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I tend to vote Republican the cast majority of the time....but I consider myself a "moderate independent." So, to answer you're question - no I don't think "my side" is perfect and the other is just rotten. I think both sides have their share of real idiots and their share of sincere people trying to do a good job. Even those good ones mess up from time to time.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 12:50 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• NOBODY'S perfect, so neither party is perfect.

I do happen to believe that liberals are misinformed and rely quite a bit on emotionalism to set policy objectives.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 12:54 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• No one is perfect.
    LND

Answer by LND at 1:16 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Neither party is perfect or beyond reproach. I just do not agree with nor do I support the liberal agenda. I am very conservative and will support and defend the conservative agenda and ideologies. It is historical that the Republican party is a party of less government and Democrats are the party of more government. I align with the Republican party. MANY in my own party have strayed from it's grassroots conservatism and that is discouraging, but I vote who isn't perfect, I vote and support who is more align with my conservative values, beliefs and ideologies.

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 1:17 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Neither is perfect and never will be.I am conservative repub but no I do not disagree with dems on everything.

we agree friday on the stimulus being alot of pork and not a stimulus.

I just can never agree with socialising America as a conservative I believe in keeping government smaller so as to insure it cannot strip away my freedoms.

Anyway,I do not hate democrats there are democrats I would vote for and have.Yes they happen to have some conservative leanings.

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:25 PM on Feb. 5, 2009