I can't seem to get my 8mth old to eat purees anymore. All she wants is finger foods. Any advice?

My 8mth has recently started refusing to get her pureed food. All the foods she used to love she no longer wants. I know it is not because she is not hungry because if I put finger foods in front of her she will immedately eat them. What do I do?

maryia_elyse

Asked by maryia_elyse at 12:35 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• start giving her the food that you give her pureed as you would normally eat it (Carrots just cook some carrots and cut them up.. and so on and so forth
    Anonymous

• When you fix your plate at meal time...fix one for her.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:04 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I am going threw the same thing now with my little man....I did a question on here last night about it and got some great tips......Um the ? was No longer want baby food or something...i got 7 replies.....
    ann...last night sorry cant remember anymore details about it....look back over the past day ?s and see if you can find it.....
    Anonymous

• Let her eat finger food then! Just give her soft foods and break them into small pieces such as banana, pasta, avocado, cheerios, cheese, try the gerber food in the baby aisle. They are really small and soft fruit snacks, puffs, etc. You can also boil carrots until they are really soft. Oh, they also make this little mesh bag (can find in the baby aisle) that has a snap on lid that the child can hold onto. It seems weird but you can put almost any food in it and she can chew the food through the mesh bag. I am pretty sure it is made by Gerber. I thought it was pretty weird when my friends told me about it but they swore by it! My son did use it a little.
    shanna5976

Answer by shanna5976 at 1:39 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• The previous answer had some really good ideas ut i would hold off on avocado for a while. I have a latex allergy and recently found out that avocado is related to the rubber tree somehow and can trigger the same reaction as latex. My best piece of advice that was given to me was check with your Pedi if your ever unsure about a certain food or how to feed it to your LO.
    Aidans_Mom915

Answer by Aidans_Mom915 at 1:50 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Then give her table foods. My son hated baby food. I gave him everything we would eat but mashed it up. She can have macaronis,spaghetti o's,mashed potatoes,toast,pancakes. Use a blender to mash it up for her. Baby food doesn't have much taste I wouldn't eat it eather!!
    busymomof42009

Answer by busymomof42009 at 1:58 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• It is a normal sign that your baby is ready to move on. :) The previous posters had some great ideas for you. Good luck.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:05 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Give her table food only.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 2:33 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Agree with the PP's that she's telling you she's ready to move on from pureed foods.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:45 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Make her some finger foods. All the foods my son liked in purees I would steam and cut into chunks for him. It worked well when he was too old for purees but too young(IMO) for table food.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 4:12 PM on Feb. 5, 2009