OK its positive, but IUI is still going to be on Sat.

Ovulation test was so positive that before I could finish washing my hands after using the bathroom it was already wayyyyy darker than the control line. I called the RE's office this morning to see if he wanted to move the IUI up to tomorrow or wait until Saturday. I am suppose to give myslef the HCG shot on Friday morning at 9am, but if I already got a postivie on my OPK then I should not need the HCG shot right? Oh well Im waiting on the nurse to give me a call back and let me know what he said. Hell if she dont call soon then I am going to call him back.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You do that
    Anonymous

• if I was you I would call the doctor back and tell him that you want to push up the date for your IUI. I think that you ovaulate 24 to 36 hours after you get a positive on a OPK. So good luck
    Anonymous

• Timing is so important with iui. Don't wait too long to call if you don't hear from them - you need to get someone on the phone before their office closes for the day! Good luck!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:18 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• cant getting the shots cause a positive ovulation test without u really ovulatign? i dont know ive never known anyone who did the iui but im just curious?
    Anonymous

• POSTER:
    He called back and told me to go ahead with the HCg shot and that I will be going in tomorrow morning for the IUI. So Im just glad that they did get back with me. I will keep you ladies posted and let you know whats going on. Oh yeah I didnt get the shot before taking the OPK on yesterday so it was not the shot. I did take another test today before the shot to make sure that it was still positive and it was. So I guess all will be well.
    Anonymous

• Good luck!
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:49 PM on Feb. 5, 2009