Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could it be Rhumatoid Arthritis?

I have been having joint swelling on and off for several years now. About 3 years ago I went to a rhumatologist and was told that I have a "rhumatoid type disorder". I asked her what that means and she could not give me an answer. Recently I have found myself with joint pain again and knee swelling. Anyone have any suggestions?

Answer Question

Asked by KathMW at 12:41 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in Health

Level 1 (3 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • Blood tests can show if you have RA, along with x-rays. Get them done and see another rheumatologist. Good luck.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

  • Its important to get diagnosed as early as possible with RA because of the damage it can cause to joints. I strongly recommend seeing your rheumatologist as soon as possible to get the necessary tests done. I dont personally know anything you can do in the meantime to help with the symptoms, aside from common good health practices such as: drink plenty of water, eat lots of fruits and veggies, avoid processed foods wherever possible, and get as much sleep as you can. Good luck, I hope you feel better soon!

    Answer by littlejreece at 1:29 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Health
birth control ,yaz

Next question overall (Toddlers (1-2))
Needing Advice