If your uterus is tilted will it take longer to find out youre pregnant?

my uterus is tilted and im almost a month pregnant. the week i came in to take the pregnancy test which was last month i got all these negatives. i just left the doctor office and im almost a month pregnant. my mom also found out she was pregnant with me late. she didnt find out until a month. can this be genetic if this happens to you? what alarmed me was i missed my period again i just spotted and then started brown spotting

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Aug. 22, 2012 in Pregnancy

• By taking a HPT?? No. Hormones are not affected by a tilted uterus

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:23 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• I had one of those tilted uterus, it took me 5 years to get pregnant, and I went through a lot of false pregnancies, that even blood test came out positive and I was never pregnant....when I did get pregnant, some gyno quack told me I had a cyst and wanted to remove it..it turned out it was my first pregnancy! I don't know about genetics, all I know once you get pregnant once, the uterus goes back to normal placing....I got pregnant the second time when my first born was two months old...so be careful!

Answer by older at 12:24 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• They told me I had a cyst too but I knew I didn't because I would've been in pain and they told me I ws pregnant when I went to another doctor today. I Kant believe im almost a month lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:27 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• The same exact thing happened to me...and I had a very healthy little girl.......congrats!

Answer by older at 12:37 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• Longer to get a postive test, not from the tests's stand point. They all test for the same identifiers. You porduce those same identifiers no matter where the embryo is and at the same points in the embryo's developement
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:41 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• Thank u!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:41 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• I, too have a tilted uterus and it didn't affect when I found out. I was on infertility treatment so was followed very closely with my first pregnancy. The second one we cancelled the appointment because we did it on our own.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 1:00 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• I assume they are going off your lmp, which might not match up completely to your actual due date. That could be why you were getting negatives at home. With my ds, my lmp was a month off. Stress caused me to skip a cycle, and I didn't get an accurate edd until I had my dating u/s.
    JustaMom311826

Answer by JustaMom311826 at 1:48 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• Congratulations
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 11:01 PM on Aug. 24, 2012