If you are not of the Christian or Jewish faiths...................................

What does your faith say about taking care of the poor?

Asked by HHx5 at 1:20 PM on Aug. 22, 2012 in Religion & Beliefs

• It's not about religion, it's about caring for your fellow man. It's about being human.

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:25 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• I'm agnostic, so I don't really have a faith per se. But I like the idea of Unitarian Universalism(just not as much as I like sleeping in on Suday), and UUs do a ton of work for the poor.

Answer by o0orange0o at 1:29 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• No religion here. I follow the humanist philosophy of taking care of each other.

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:33 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• I agree with it not being a religious issue but a human kindness one, we take care of our own.....and those who aren't related but are worth helping get our help too....

Answer by older at 1:36 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• I don't have a religion. I believe in helping people in whatever way we can.

Answer by Book.Girl at 1:58 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• It doesn't. My faith is about connecting with the world around us and working to better ourselves. Neither of these things, however, can be done without caring for the people in the world around us. Personally, I find it disgusting that anyone would need RELIGION to tell them that they should be caring for the poor or needy... It should be common sense!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:43 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• I don't follow a set religion but, acts of human kindness never hurt anyone.

Answer by 3libras at 2:44 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• what they said!

I think if more people were kinda nd helpful to others-the world would be a better place

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:27 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• I'm not implying that religion is the only reason people help others! I'm interested in learning about what other religions say about helping the poor. That is why I posted this question in R & B rather than somewhere else.

Comment by HHx5 (original poster) at 5:18 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• self-reliance

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:56 PM on Aug. 22, 2012