If you are not of the Christian or Jewish faiths...................................

What does your faith say about taking care of the poor?

HHx5

Asked by HHx5 at 1:20 PM on Aug. 22, 2012 in Religion & Beliefs

• It's not about religion, it's about caring for your fellow man. It's about being human.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:25 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• No religion here. I follow the humanist philosophy of taking care of each other.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:33 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• I agree with it not being a religious issue but a human kindness one, we take care of our own.....and those who aren't related but are worth helping get our help too....

Answer by older at 1:36 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• I'm agnostic, so I don't really have a faith per se. But I like the idea of Unitarian Universalism(just not as much as I like sleeping in on Suday), and UUs do a ton of work for the poor.
    o0orange0o

Answer by o0orange0o at 1:29 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• I don't follow a set religion but, acts of human kindness never hurt anyone.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:44 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• what they said!

I think if more people were kinda nd helpful to others-the world would be a better place
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:27 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• I'm an atheist/secular humanist and I help because I have a conscience and want to help others.
    Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 8:40 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• It doesn't. My faith is about connecting with the world around us and working to better ourselves. Neither of these things, however, can be done without caring for the people in the world around us. Personally, I find it disgusting that anyone would need RELIGION to tell them that they should be caring for the poor or needy... It should be common sense!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:43 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• self-reliance
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:56 PM on Aug. 22, 2012

• Almost all religions have a "be kind to one another" and "do no harm" clause. That would be "helping the poor".
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:38 PM on Aug. 22, 2012