How much harder is it with two kids?

i have a 4 year old daughter who is a handful already and i am 37 weeks pregnant with my second little girl. I am worried that it is going to be so hard since my 4 year old has been a only child foe so long. so plaese give me some input!

crjmommy04

Asked by crjmommy04 at 12:44 PM on Feb. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• It is hard but you'll get thru it.Just take it day by day. I have two boys and at times I'm ready to lock myself in the closet,but it's all worth it.
    LND

Answer by LND at 12:54 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Your four year old might have an adjustment period where she's curious about her new sibling and she might regress a little and demand more of your attention. But things usually work out fine after this short period is over.
    In my experience, the older kids adore the new baby and are ready to take on the big sister role.
    loyo3000

Answer by loyo3000 at 12:55 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• i think your 4 year old will help you out alot, you will be ok, is she in Pre-k? that will help alot as well. She will love being a big sister
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 2:47 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I have 5 and I just got more organized with each one.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:49 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• If you give your 4 yr old things to do to help out with the baby, and praise her for helping, she'll probably love it! My 3yr old loves helping with his little brother. We also make sure to do special things with big brother so he doesn't feel slighted at all.
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 3:13 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• The first month is the hardest, but by weeks 6-8, it just becomes part of the routine again. You get used to it pretty fast! I didn't know if i could handle it, but it was way easier than i thought (mine are 2 and 1)
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 6:19 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• It's pretty hard, but you get used to it all. you never have time to just seat your always moving around
    proudyoungmom87

Answer by proudyoungmom87 at 12:36 PM on Feb. 6, 2009